Monday, August 2, 2010

PowerPoint

During the Power Point presentations, I really enjoyed how Mikey used his own recordings to use as sounds. It added some humor to the presentation. Some others struggled with having too many words on the screen and not enough pictures. I guess it really depends on the topic and grade level.

If I were to redo my own presentation, I would add more sound. I don't think mine was engaging enough and it lulled the class to sleep. A more engaging presentation would have kept the lesson interesting and flowing. I really like the idea of adding funny videos and noises to keep the students curious. I really like using Power Point but I am not as good at using it as others. I could tell who in the class has used Power Point many times because theirs seemed to flow a lot better than mine.

I do like using Power Point as a medium to present lessons. However, it is technology and we have all learned that technology is not trustworthy. It has always seemed like when I wanted to use technology, something goes wrong. I would use it however because it is a very easy and clear way to present the material. It works for the visual learners as well as the auditory learners. It is not as condusive to the tactile-kinesthetic learners but using the Power Point to engage the students can work to involve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment